Today I had a productive day preparing for tomorrow's Southsea Flea Market. Southsea Flea Market is an event that my mum puts together and you can guarantee to find a good bargain if you come! There is a huge range of sellers from vintage/retro clothes for both men and women, handmade children clothes, antiques, bric-a-brac, arts & crafts, jewelry, shabby chic furniture and lots more. Anyway me and my mum sell vintage clothes and today I decided to get creative and dip dye some shorts to sell tomorrow. They were actually surprisingly easy to make.
Here is a quick guide on how to DIY dip dye denim shorts:
- Cut jeans a few inches below crotch to make into shorts
- Open up scissors and using one blade, drag the blade across the shorts a few inches wide (this is for the frayed look. Don't cut. Could also use a scalpol)
- Put thick bleach and warm water into a bowl
- Dip shorts into the bowl up to where you want the dip dyed effect and leave soaking in the bowl for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse out the shorts to get excess bleach out
- Put in washing machine (this is the key ingredient for getting the frayed look)
If the shorts are popular tomorrow I'm definately gonna start doing some more, and maybe experiment with colours, studs and patches.
Another amazing thing about Southsea Flea Market is that there is homemade cake if you fancy a bite to eat and a sit down. Here is one of my mum's legendary chocolate biscuit fudge cake that she made with cute little hearts on it. It is actually addictive!
This is the poster for the Flea Market for tomorrow. I know this is late notice but there will be more markets over the next few months so pay a visit!